Are you interested in creating an account for the "Unknown No Longer" discussion board? You will need to request an invitation code. Please email "weboffice at vahistorical.org" and put "UNL Discussion Board" in the subject line.
Redds of Caroline County Va
  • vcj0922 February 2012
    I am researching the Redd or Red family of Caroline County Va. I can trace Wellington Redd and Frances Byrd or Bird Redd after they migrate from Caroline County Va to Bladensburg, Maryland in Prince Georges County sometime between 1868 to present. I have no records of a specific location in Caroline county where they were born or lived. At least two of their children William Henry and John Redd were born in Caroline County between 1860 and 1863. Only a reference is on records such as census, marriage and death records indicating their births were in Caroline County Va. I would love to find out more on their history in Caroline county, VA. I would love to know slave ownership or any reference to a specific area in Caroline Co, Va to continue my research. All are listed as Mulattos.
  • FGSlueth March 2012
    My grandmothers people were (at least some of) the Redds from Martinsville. I've traced the family back to Henry and Mary Redd. Henry was born in the mid-1840s, supposedly to John Redd and one of his slave women (name unknown). Mary Bowsman/Bousman Redd was born circa 1860. They had at least ten children together.
  • priceac March 2012
    I did have the pleasure of knowing my great grandmother for 12 years and her maiden name was Redd. She was born in West Virginia but lived in the Martinsville and Henry County VA area. She was born in the 1800's and died in the 60's. If this helps.
  • gerry November 2013
    Bousman has come up in my search . Iam looking for Amanda Jane Bousman born 1854 and Mary Bousman born 1851 .Mother Diana Ramsey born 1833 . I have them in Gills Creek Virginia on 1870 census . Diana married my GGGandfather 1850 They lived close to Martinsville in Henry county. Any help ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register and Comment