Are you interested in creating an account for the "Unknown No Longer" discussion board? You will need to request an invitation code. Please email "weboffice at vahistorical.org" and put "UNL Discussion Board" in the subject line.
Richmond County, Virginia--Dickerson/Dixon/Dickson
  • clj89 March 2013
    Hello,
    Was wondering if anyone knows of or has seen Dicksons/Dixons in Richmond County, Virginia. I was told my great great grandfather John Dickerson, born around 1886, and his siblings were slaves of a Dixon or Dickson, and when they were free he gave them the last name Dickerson. Not sure how true it is, and haven't had much luck looking other places for information on them before 1910. It seems though all of them moved to Baltimore, Maryland around 1900.
  • shawk33230 April 2014
    http://woodforkgenealogy.com/carolinecountyvirginia/freedmensbureau.html

I found this link while searching for decendants in Caroline County, VA. They lived on a farm owned by: W J Dickerson.
  • shawk33230 April 2014
    I found this link while searching for decendants in Caroline County, VA. They lived on a farm owned by: W J Dickerson.
  • clj89 December 2014
    Thanks, I'm investigating more now since I found the 1880 census of his family. It looks as though his dad, Reubin Dickerson, was born about 1830 in Hanover County.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register and Comment