Are you interested in creating an account for the "Unknown No Longer" discussion board? You will need to request an invitation code. Please email "weboffice at vahistorical.org" and put "UNL Discussion Board" in the subject line.
Johnson - Farnham, Richmond County, Virginia
  • lovelylj April 2013
    I am searching for Johnson people who hail from Richmond County, Julius Johnson born 1858 married Eudora Johnson between the 1940s and 1950s they moved to Philadelphia.

Through ancestry.com I've only found information that they are from Richmond County.

I'm trying to find out who the brothers and sisters if not the parents of Julius are. I believe he may have been a free man, but I have no idea, it is really hard to tell.

Thanks
  • mpaaghs April 2013
    The Middle Peninsula African-American Genealogical and Historical Society of Virginia (MPAAGHS), which covers Richmond County, has a surnames list at:

http://mpaagenealogicalsociety.org/surnames.php

To sort the list by "County", click on the "County/City" heading at the top of the table.

If you would like to add to this list, just click on the "Add Surname to Surnames List" link located just above the top of the list.
  • lovelylj May 2013
    thank you mpagghs, I'll check it out

Another member on here helped me find more information! This site is cool!

She helped me find the marriage record Julius and Eudora Johnson nee Robinson

Julius' parents are Charles and Rachel Johnson and Eudora's parents are Nelson and Mary Robinson.

The 1870 census says Nelson was 31 and Mary was 53 so that's...different.

By 1870 Charles was already in his 50s and Rachel (sometimes spelled
    Rachael) was in her 40s. Charles and Rachel were in Washington District or County of Richmond.

Eudora was 12 when she was in Farnham with her parents at some point Charles, Rachel and Julius moved to Farnham where Julius met Eudora.

There's a Joelin Johnson, but I haven't figured out how he's related to the family. Nor a Clara Johnson who had a son in 1940.

• lovelylj September 2013
    I figured that Joelin is possibly a nickname for Irvin or Erwin Johnson, he has step children of the name Shelton.

Still trying to figure out where Clara fits in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register and Comment