Are you interested in creating an account for the "Unknown No Longer" discussion board? You will need to request an invitation code. Please email "weboffice at vahistorical.org" and put "UNL Discussion Board" in the subject line.
MOKER, MOECHER, MOECKER, MOSKINS, MOKENS of Shirley (Charles City Cty) OR Dropmore (near Salem)
  • unlpag April 2
    Hi,
    According to death certificates from several offspring, my ggg-grandmother was named Jennie (possibly Virginia) Moskins (but 1 cert says Mokins), probably born around 1830; my ggg-grandfather was named George Braxton. Both lived on Nathaniel Burwell's Dropmore Farm near Salem, but I slightly suspect her parent(s) came from Shirley Plantation when Burwell married Lucy Carter in 1809. Other possible place of origin is River Hill/Vermont farm in King William Cty. Apart from a Dick Moker, a Nancy Mokins, and a Grace Moker, I am really struggling to locate this anglicized German surname in or around the area. At this point, I'm looking for just about any African-Americans with aforementioned surname(s). If you have run across this surname in your search, please know that I would be grateful for any tips, clues, or guidance. Thanks!!! page

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register and Comment